Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rub the BUDDHA's Belly for Luck!




















Well I may not be the Buddha, but my belly sure gets rubbed enough. It won't bring you luck, or riches, or help you pay off your debts, but for some reason complete strangers feel compelled to rub your belly once you start showing as an expectant mother. I guess nobody feels they have to ask to rub a statue of the Buddha so why should they ask a pregnant woman? If I just approached a bald man and proceeded to rub his shiny head, would that be okay? Absolutely not! I would probably be slapped or at least abruptly asked to stop. I guess it's just one of those things that come with having a baby. In order to carry a child,you must accept that you will have your belly frequently rubbed by friends, family and of course - perfect strangers.

























The Buddha also has a very keen sense of fashion. Well I guess not Buddha himself, but a girl named Ashley Stearns, founder/designer of Buddha Belly Maternity.


"Buddha Belly Maternity's goal is to provide young and stylish moms-to-be with maternity clothing that is comfortable, affordable, current with industry fashion trends, and most of all, makes women feel confident and proud to show off their new "Buddha Belly!!""



Thank you so much Ashley for giving the rest of us hope. After coming across your website, I now see that it is still possible to be fashionable, trendy and definitely a HOT momma-to-be.

2 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Guilty as charged. I like to rub mommy's tummy's. I better start asking permission! Love you blog. I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from Liberty Post (: This is part of the reason I'm afraid to get pregnant...I really don't want strangers thinking they have the right to touch me!! Congrats on being preggy!